Well, how do you hire an effective SEO Copywriter for your business website? What’s this whole fuss about hiring not only a copywriter, but one that understands SEO Copywriting best practices? Can an SEO Copywriter magically transform your business website from zero to hero – making more revenue for your business even while you sleep?
Well, to simply put it, if your business, in this time and era doesn’t leverage the time, energy and resources of a copywriter who’s also good at SEO – then you’re leaving so much money on the table. SEO Copywriters are the “behind the scenes” revenue generators for most business websites.
So, who’s an SEO Copywriter and what’s copywriting?
Copywriting is simply leveraging words to make your intended audience take action on what they’ve read, hence benefiting you in some way in return. Such call to actions could be subscribing to an email list, buying a product, reading a blog post, etc. An SEO Copywriter is someone who writes copy for your website so that, people can easily find solutions to their problems (in this case, your solution) by simply typing in certain keywords/their problems in search engines such as Google.
Let this sink in: Imagine Google receives over 60,000 searches per second every single day. I bet you also do quite a lot of googling daily. And what happens…? Majority of people click on the first results that appear on the first page of Google. Right? Think of it: Wouldn’t it be great if your business appeared on the first page of Google? Imagine your prospects instantly clicking on your website link because they found your solution to be the best to fix their problems. That would mean more sales, traffic and leads to your website.
5 Things an SEO Copywriter does and best practices to look out for before hiring one
- They produce SEO-friendly copy for your website hence helping your business be found on search engines such as Google. SEO Copywriters are like investigators. They dig deep through research, getting to first know who your target audience/customers/prospects are. Then offering a unique solution to them through well-written and attention-grabbing copy.
- They know how to conduct research and find easy to rank for long-tail and short-tail keywords that your competitors might have overlooked. They then create content around those keywords.
- They understand technical SEO terms such as Cost per click(CPC), Search volume, website ranking position, SEO difficulty, long-tail and short-tail keywords etc.
- They understand buying psychology and understand why people buy or take certain actions.
- They are great listeners, communicators and excellent wordsmiths.
Hiring an SEO Copywriter can mean the difference between a page that converts like crazy and one that falls flat. SEO Copywriting may seem like a daunting task but by considering the above points, you’ll never go wrong with identifying the best SEO Copywriters out there.
Do you need an SEO Copywriter to spice up and boost your website and visitors? I am Tony Ajode, a copywriter with 6+ years experience and i dream, breath and live copy. Wanna try me out? Contact me here
Subscribe to my newsletter!